In view of the COVID-19 pandemic, ITW2021 has moved to a fully virtual workshop. Authors will present their results in (1) a 4-minute live presentation during the workshop (2) a 20-minute video uploaded on EDAS.
Instructions for preparing the 4-minute live presentation
We ask authors of regular papers to prepare a 4-minute presentation to present live during the Zoom session. Your presentation should consist of major points of your research, and serve as an “advertisement” for your paper and 20-minute video.
During sessions, each 4-minute live presentation will be followed by 4 minutes of live Q&A. Also, please note the following instruction:
- Before the session starts, please change your Zoom account name as "[Presenter] Your Name".
- Before the session starts, please confirm your participation to the session chair.
- Until your presentation starts, please wait with your microphone muted.
- When your turn comes, please share your slide, and start your presentation after the session chair's introduction.
- Please turn on your video during your presentation and Q&A time.
- After your presentation and Q&A time, please mute your microphone again and stop sharing your slide.
- After the session, you can socialize with the audience at the virtual platform, Gather Town.
Instructions for preparing the 20-minute presentation
For the 20-minute video, the presenter should prepare presentation material comprising :
- presentation video (mp4), see “guidelines for recording videos” below,
- presentation slides (pdf),
- presenter’s photo (jpg), and
- presenter’s name and biography
These must be submitted via the EDAS page of your accepted paper by the 17th of September at 11:59 PM, Anywhere on Earth (AoE, UTC-12). This is a FINAL deadline.
Guidelines for recording videos
The 20-minute presentation video should comprise a brief introduction of the presenter with a webcam, if desired, followed by voice over the presentation slides. Please be sure the first image in the videos includes the title of the paper, the authors, and a mention to ITW2021. The above materials will be made available to the conference participants.
- Duration: 20 minutes
- File size: 200 MB maximum
- Video file format: mp4
- Dimensions: Minimum height 720 pixels, aspect ratio: 16:9
We recommend recording the presentation using Zoom, available to users on most platforms and in most countries. Instructions for recording your presentation with Zoom: https://ieeetv.ieee.org/ieeetv-specials/recording-your-presentation-with-zoom
For authors located in countries who are unable to access Zoom for free, use of the free software OBS, allows you to simultaneously capture yourself speaking and your slides: https://obsproject.com/
Please note the final specifications will be checked at the time of submission and files not compliant may not be uploaded. Please do not try uploading PowerPoint or PDF files instead of videos.
The uploaded presentation slides should be identical or similar to the one used in the presentation video. If you get an error “pagesize: Upload failed”, put your presentation PDF file into a zip archive containing only the PDF, and upload the zip file (please use zip and not other file compression formats). This error is caused by EDAS being overly strict regarding PDF checking.
Presenter and Biography
Please use EDAS to specify the presenter and the presenter’s biography, as shown below. We will do our best to match the time zone of your live presentation time to your time zone, using your country and affiliation address indicated in EDAS.
During the workshop
All presentation material, along with your camera-ready paper will be available within the virtual platform for on-demand viewing from Oct. 17 to Oct. 21 and for some time after.